Key to this role is developing a responsive team that grows pipeline for Partners. In addition to the discovering, qualifying and preparing early-stage sales opportunities, the Sales Development Manager works with Marketing and Sales leadership to develop and implement new processes and systems to support regional go-to-market activities, including strategic call downs, targeted campaigns and in-person trade show lead acquisition.
Day to day you'll:
- Lead, train, coach and manage a diverse team of 12 individuals currently spanning 4 countries
- Manage the team to work within an assigned territory to qualify, develop, and mature marketing supplied leads resulting in high-quality sales opportunities for Sales Reps and or Partners.
- Meet and/or exceed daily and monthly performance targets for the number of outbound calls, qualified leads passed and pipeline/won contribution at an individual level (20%) and team level (80%)
- Ensure all sales leads from marketing driven campaigns are qualified and passed through the system as per the APAC lead management process as efficiently as possible.
- Build strong relationships with all sales teams, including Channel Sales and Enterprise. Ensure these relationships are nurtured and productive.
- Develop working relationships with key partners and individuals within those partners to ensure two-way feedback, response and ongoing success.
- Provide weekly reporting to the Marketing Director and others on individual and team performance against targets.
- Partner with APAC Marketing Managers to identify and execute strategic call downs and other direct campaign activities.
- Partner with Marketing, Channel and Sales Leadership to build strategies and roadmap for the long-term success of the APAC program within our Global model.
- Work with in-region sales & technical managers and in-country to ensure they are effectively trained on all products and understand and use APAC best practices for operational efficiency and overall success.
- Strategise with sales and marketing management to ensure optimization of marketing programs and initiatives. Provide feedback regularly on what is working, what is not and what the market is telling your team.
- Work with Manager Global and APAC Marketing Director to agree on commission models appropriate for GTM initiatives and manage monthly attainment.
- Produce appropriate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for sales and marketing management.
- Manage individual team member performance and team productivity. Regularly evaluate individual employee job performance through 1 on 1 meetings, providing constructive suggestions for improvement and rewarding accomplishments.
- Responsible for formal staff performance reviews of team members on a biannual basis with supplementary reviews, including the talent audit, as required.
- Responsible for new starter “onboarding”, ensuring appropriate training, mentoring and coaching is available for all staff and tracking execution against development plan.
Some travel will be required in this role. Approximately 4 – 6 trips per year across the Asia Pacific
To be shortlisted you'll need:
- 4+ years’ experience in a Team Leadership role - helping the outbound sales team to qualify and develop leads
- Experience leading teams across multiple countries, languages and time zones
- Experienced in a high-volume outbound, telephone-based lead generation/sales.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Sales Leadership to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes
- Experience with technical products in the hi-tech industry
- Process-oriented in lead management
- Working in a channel based company, understanding of the IT channel