Unique Australian tourism brand is looking for a SEO copywriter for a 4 month contract. It’s a part-time role, 3 days per week, with 2 of them in their city office. They are ideally looking for someone with experience developing content for a tourism brand, but more important is finding someone who can incorporate best-practice SEO techniques and measure success using Google Analytics.
- Create optimised and compelling content across landing pages, blog articles, social posts, emails, banner ads and editorial.
- Incorporate best-practice SEO techniques to drive organic traffic and aid on-site conversion.
- Measure copy success using Google Analytics and monitor customer search behaviours
- Edit and refine product category pages, with a dual-focus on a customer-centric and SEO outcome
- Source and build relationships with relevant online publications to identify opportunities for link acquisition.
- Assist with copy production for brand materials and other ad hoc projects
- A diploma or degree in journalism, creative writing, communications or relevant course preferred OR proven 3+ years’ experience in producing best-in-class copywriting with a focus on all digital channels across a range of verticals.
- A sound understanding of Search Engine Optimisation and production of copy that adheres to SEO best practice (keyword usage, meta-description/browser title/H1 writing)
- Strong understanding of content marketing, including audience segments, new channels and format trends
- Knowledge of ‘Kentico’ Web Content Management and Online Marketing Platform is a big plus; basic WordPress CMS knowledge is a must
- Solid grasp of keyword research fundamentals
- Very strong English language copywriting skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling)
- Passionate about the craft of copywriting and the role it plays in the organic search space
- Positive, enthusiastic and hard-working attitude