This agency is a food and beverage focused brand and design studio that partners with pioneering entrepreneurs to create product and venue brands.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Production Manager to make a considerable mark within the agency. You will be responsible for the efficient management of all production work across boutique packaging and print media to ensure they are successfully delivered on time, on budget
and to the highest technical standard.
If bringing to life authentic, premium and innovative F&B products gets you out of bed in the morning, then this is the role for you. A genuine passion for boutique brands and innovation is mandatory.
Working alongside the account management and creative teams, your core responsibility is to problem solve the most complex packaging concepts and manage to the most minute detail by liaising with production suppliers to deliver exceptional, award-winning packaging solutions.
Your objectives are to;
- Build close, strong and efficient relationships with suppliers
- Assess potential for innovation across all projects
- Foresee and advise on technical and cost limitations and associated risks
- Keep the team up-to-date and informed of the most effective production processes
- Manage the production process from conception through to production
- Guide and mentor the team to ensure a keen production eye is considered at every stage of the project
The Day-to-Day tasks:
- Working with Creative team to assess opportunities for innovation from the conception of a project
- Providing realistic views on limitations across cost, production and efficiencies of use for all packaging projects
- Gathering, scoping and costing specifications for packaging and print projects
- Scope and define project deliverables alongside Directors
- Creating clear communication briefs for suppliers and design team ensuring that client objectives are met
- Explain technical print processes to design and management teams to assist with developing their skills and quality controlling output where possible
- Create and manage all production schedules, track and control costs
- Review the project at internal studio and printer proof stages and communicate Designer’s requirements to suppliers.
- Lead press checks in collaboration with creative team members and examine finished samples and prototypes and approve quality before delivery to client.
- Create estimates, purchase orders and invoices as required for project execution
- Project planning and assigning tasks to in-house team and external suppliers
- Work to time allocations and restraints, update teams on production lags or delays well in advance of deadlines
- Manage project issues and assumptions/decisions and escalate where appropriate
- Deliver projects within the agreed time and budget parameters
- Assess, plan and manage the project timings and budget
- Source new and innovative packaging suppliers according to briefs
- Continually research and introduce new production techniques and materials to the team outside of any particular brief
- Drive innovation and innovative thinking with the Creative Team
- Ensure a superior packaging and print project is delivered on every level to budget and timeline
- Partner with the Directors and Account Service Lead to ensure the agency is recognised for innovative, effective and efficient packaging solutions
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years working as a Senior Production Manager in a relevant agency or production house.
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
- Knowledge of commercial labelling print production practices and legal requirements is a mandatory requirement
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with management team and other third party suppliers
- Good leadership skills and 100% commitment to further developing their knowledge in bespoke packaging production
- SUPERIOR ATTENTION TO DETAIL and a PRACTICAL ‘CAN DO’ ATTITUDE is essential
- Previous experience with Briefcase project management software would be considered a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe InDesign would be valued but not essential
- Efficient and professional with every task undertaken
- An excellent communicator
- A natural juggler/multitasker
- Shows initiative and accepts responsibility
- Passionate and curious mind to question and challenge everything
Please apply now or get in touch direct with me if you would like more information on the role and the agency it's with.