This role is an evangelist of this vision for our Client's in-store and virtual in-country programs. You'll be responsible for supporting the rollout of global campaigns and initiatives in Australia, as well as curating and delivering on culturally relevant programming in the market through the engagement of musicians, photographers, artists, entrepreneurs, designers, educators, and more.
The Head of Programming will partner closely with Retail Marketing, store teams, internal partners, and external talent to conceive, program, implement, and execute sessions to enhance the Retail experience in an integrated way.
Our Client's Retail Stores represent a focal point in the local community - a place where technology intersects with the arts and education. Our client is focused on building experiences via in-store and virtual programming that inspires customers to learn, create something new, and go further with their creativity.
Day to day the role involves:
- Work with the leadership team to set the vision and roadmap
- Maintain a strong understanding of the business to lead and curate on country/market level to deliver culturally relevant and strategic in-store and/or virtual content across all formats
- Partner with Retail field leadership on a country level
- Partner with regional teams across the brand to identify new opportunities and initiate, receive and write briefs. Ensure that each opportunity is aligned with clear business objectives that contribute to the retail proposition of the brand, and built within a clear strategic framework, working with other cross-functional teams as needed
- Cultivate, manage, and maintain relationships with external partners (e.g. cultural institutions, entertainment, art, and design industry professionals)
- As part of a global programming team, be an active contributor to cultural observations and ideas, as well as to bring to life programming content that are consistent with the brand's core values. This includes leading community engagement programming focused on youth and young adults
- Lead communication with Store Operations, Comms and PR teams
- Conceptualise and execute in-store and virtual programs with talents with support from Programming Experts
- Manage talent relations and contracts, including Ambassadors and Legal checks related to talent content
- Pitch and present ideas across a diverse audience of partners, through strong storytelling and presentations
- Well informed and familiar with local performance metrics, data and measurement tools to enable tracking and reporting on program results, challenges, and opportunities
- Flex and support across projects as and when is required
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting local programming budgets
To be shortlisted you'll need;
- A deep understanding of market-wide trends, themes, and current cultural events, preferably in both physical and virtual settings
- Significant experience in managing high profile events and partnerships, working with emerging and established talent, delivering a broad spectrum of output including broadcast events, series content/formats, virtual events/content experiences, experiential and live
- Creative and highly strategic in the development of content experiences and programs that build and engage audiences, deliver against business and marketing objectives. Well connected within the cultural and creative industries with the ability to discover, recommend and source local talent
- Passionate about learning and creativity to create meaningful learning experiences
- Ability to successfully navigate and execute multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- Internal and external production management to ensure flawless in-store and virtual experiences
- Discreet and professional with excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication and networking skills
- Flexible project management style with the ability to quickly adapt and effect change
- Experience delivering local area programs nationally within retailers PLUS experience having to move to virtual experiences due to COVID restrictions.
This opportunity is for a 12-month contract initially and you'll need to be able to start October 1, 2021.