Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes emotional wellbeing for expectant and new parents. The foundation works to raise awareness of perinatal depression and anxiety amongst women, their families, their health providers and the wider community to ensure those in need receive timely, appropriate and supportive care.
The Foundation implements a range of programs, however, the Administration Manager role will work most closely with the following:
- Gidget House Model of Care, providing free psychological support (10 sessions) for families experiencing emotional distress during pregnancy and early parenthood. Located at North Sydney, Randwick, Mater Hospital, North Shore Private Hospital and Merrylands
- Start Talking, providing free telehealth psychological counselling support (7 sessions) for expectant and new parents nationwide
About the program
Gidget House is a specialist centre offering perinatal mental health services to expectant and new parents in need of support around perinatal depression and anxiety (PNDA). This is a GP referred program that requires a mental health plan. Gidget Psychologists support new mums and dads living with PNDA or who may have experienced some other forms of perinatal trauma such as fertility issues, miscarriage and stillbirth.
The program is underpinned by a basic belief that early detection and intervention are key in ensuring those living with PNDA address the issues with specialist treatment and can go on to live happy and fulfilling lives.
About the role
Gidget Foundation Australia is currently looking for a full-time Administration Manager to coordinate, implement and manage a range of administrative functions to support the delivery of Gidget Foundation Australia’s programs, services and organisational operations.
To join this small operational team, you must be extremely flexible to changing situations and requirements and have a can-do attitude. You must also be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Day to day you'll be :
- organising the recruitment process for all new Psychologists - from scheduling interviews, sending out recruitment letters and welcome packs, then setting them up once they commence work
- pulling together information packs for new clients
- assisting in the establishment of all new Gidget Houses and extensions which may mean coordinating office supplies, decorations and decor set up
- under the guidance of the CEO, carrying out all organisational invoicing/receipting for merchandise, donations and ticket sales to events
- managing all incoming email/website enquiries - either replying or forwarding to appropriate colleagues
- Previous experience in a similar administrative role ideally within a not-for-profit
- Previous experience in financial administration, including invoicing and receipting
- Ability to work well under pressure in a busy environment; prioritise the workload and ensure that critical tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Highly efficient and organised; able to work effectively with minimal supervision, both independently and as part of a team
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (and/or Mac equivalent programs) with willingness and ability to learn new software, including GFA’s financial management software
- Reliability and flexibility to respond to the needs of the organisation
If this sounds like you - then get in touch! Applications close Monday September 17, 2018.
To apply please include an intro email (or cv coversheet) answering these questions:
- What do you think is the key attribute to being a successful Administration Manager?
- Why does joining the Gidget Foundation interest you?